Local Candidate Recommendation Committee (“LCRC”)
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Adopted December 10, 2009 & Amended February 25, 2010
The Local Candidate Recommendation Committee (“LCRC”) Trustees of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS (“BHGLAAR”) will conduct their meetings as follows:
- BHGLAAR LCRC will consist of seven (7) Trustees maximum, no Alternates.
- BHGLAAR LCRC will have an Advisory, Non-Voting member of the current Chair of Public Policy Committee.
- BHGLAAR LCRC may have an Advisor, Non-Voting member of a current California Real Estate Political Action Committee (“CREPAC”) Trustee from BHGLAAR
- Each September, the LCRC Chair will appoint a Nominating Committee consisting of the Chair, one Trustee who has a term that does not expire at the end of the year, and one member at large who contributes to the CAR Realtor Action Fund. No Nominating Committee member will be eligible for selection.
- Notice of LCRC Trustee vacancies will be posted on the BHGLAAR website, featured in the BHGLAAR newsletter and any other medium available.
- Applicants will complete a BHGLAAR LCRC Trustee Application.
- Nominating Committee will review all applications received by the last business day of September. A recommendation of a slate will be presented at the regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting in October for confirmation.
- Trustees will be subject to Term Limits: Two Three-Year Terms, then One Year off LCRC before eligible for another term.
- Trustees shall be members of the BHGLAAR Public Policy Committee and be contributors to the California Association of REALTORS (“CAR”) REALTOR Action Fund (“RAF”) at the current “True-Cost-of-Doing-Business” level.
- In the case of a resignation or removal, any replacement Trustee will fill the unexpired term of the departing Trustee. Replacement to be selected by the current LCRC Chair with confirmation from the BHGLAAR Board of Directors.
- All Trustees must sign a Confidentiality Agreement before the beginning of each year.
- Trustees will follow the latest edition of Robert’s Rules of Order
- Meetings where Trustee action is required will not begin until a quorum is established.
- Quorum will include the LCRC Chair.
- Meetings may be conducted in person, via teleconference, or via electronic ballot.
- While in-person meetings are preferred, in the matter of timeliness, teleconference, electronic media or electronic meetings may be conducted.
- Electronic meetings will be Motions and voting only, and shall be initiated by the Trustee Chair.
- If, during an electronic meeting, discussion is requested by any Trustee, the electronic meeting will cease and a teleconference will be scheduled as soon as possible. The Motion will be presented on the teleconference as already on the floor for discussion.
- LCRC Trustees only vote on monetary SUPPORT FOR CANDIDATES and INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE CAMPAIGNS.
- LCRC may offer monetary support to only one candidate for each elective position.
- LCRC Trustees are the sole decision makers on monetary support and not subject to review.
- LCRC Trustees must participate in candidate interviews.
- LCRC Trustees must perform their own due diligence to gather as much information on candidates and elective races as possible.
- All discussions regarding candidate selection shall be considered CONFIDENTIAL. Trustees are not to discuss or put in writing, with anyone other then the Trustees and/or the Government Affairs Director.