Local Candidate Recommendation Committee (“LCRC”)
Adopted December 10, 2009
The Local Candidate Recommendation Committee (“LCRC”) of the Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS (“BHGLAAR”) will operate under the following guidelines:
- Trustees will follow the California Association of REALTORS (“CAR”) “Local Candidate Recommendation Committee Policies & Procedures”.
- Trustees may choose to hold meetings via in-person meetings, teleconference, or electronically. Meetings will be facilitated by the Government Affairs Director.
- All actions of the LCRC Trustees will be CONFIDENTIAL until released by the Chair and/or Government Affairs Director.
- No candidate will be funded without an interview by the LCRC Trustees.
- LCRC Trustees and Government Affairs Director will create questions for candidates to answer during the interview process.
- When there are several candidates in a race, Trustees may, at their option, create a questionnaire for candidates to complete before any interviews take place.
- Candidates will be notified of the decisions of the LCRC Trustees by the Chair or the Government Affairs Director.
- LCRC Trustees may select a maximum of ONE candidate per elective office.
- Trustees are limited to financial contributions to candidates, commonly known as “support”.
- Trustees are encouraged to interview candidates for State offices and make recommendations to the California Real Estate Political Action Committee (“CREPAC”), for State offices.
- All candidates supported by the Trustees may be promoted via the communications systems of BHGLAAR with the approval of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Endorsements occur when a candidate has a proven track record on BHGLAAR issues AND established relationship with BHGLAAR.
- Endorsements are not made by LCRC Trustees. Trustees may request that the Board of Directors of BHGLAAR consider an endorsement.
- The BHGLAAR Board of Directors has the sole discretion of granting an endorsement.
- Endorsement would include: Increased Fundraising efforts for candidate; and, BHGLAAR sponsoring fundraisers for the candidate, and, BHGLAAR Directors make individual contributions to candidate to, at least, match LCRC contribution, and, allow candidate to use BHGLAAR logo on promotion material.
- Trustees must make every effort to search out information on upcoming candidates and elections. Trustees should share any information with all the other Trustees and the Government Affairs Director.